Pharmaceutical Store Assistant
Competitive Rates of Pay
Full Time – 37.5 hours
Our client is a large scientific company based in Porton Down performing a range of production, quality and development roles within pharmaceutical production, process and analytical development, quality assurance. The department carries out the manufacture of Erwinase and Anthrax Vaccine as well as contract manufacturing projects.
As a pharmaceutical store assistant, your role involves assistant the pharmaceutical stores team leader in the supply and management of controlled pharmaceutical materials for the use in the manufacture processes within development and production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible to the Unit Manager for day to day activities
- Follow all health and safety procedures as defined by our client
- Follow all procedures, rules, regulations and guidelines
- Assist in the receipt, dispensing, sampling, supply and processing of all raw materials
- Perform general housekeeping and cleaning duties within the pharmaceutical stores
- Liaise with other production areas to ensure efficient running of the Unit
- Communicate effectively with a variety of staff in a range of matters; to give, receive and relay information
The Ideal Candidate Should Have the Following:
- GCSE Grade in English, Maths and Science
- Knowledge of cGMP requirements and how to implement them
- Accurate and clear record keeping skills
- Able to work to strict deadlines
- Experience of working in a stores/ warehouse environment
- Organised and effective method of work
- Good English communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work effectively both in a team and individually
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal procedures
Essential Qualities the Ideal Candidate May Have:
- Educated to a NVQ 2 Level in a relevant subject or equivalent qualification
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
Please Note: Active Staff are acting as Recruitment Agency for the client. Also, that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Please Note: Due to a high volume of applications, if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful at this time.