Full Time Mon-Fri 8-4 or 9-5
Milton Park, Abingdon
This role is specifically within the Finance and Administration function, however support to other areas of the business may be required at times. The post is full-time based at Milton Park, Abingdon, whilst performing duties the candidate will expected to maintain a flexible approach responding to changing business priorities and at all times act in the best interests of the company complying with policies, legal obligations and health and safety at work requirements.
This position which carries responsibility ensuring that all financial and related transactions are carried out correctly and recorded appropriately. Initially this is a bookkeeping and administrative role, but offers scope to develop the role and take on more responsibility with commensurate reward.
The Bookkeeper will be primarily responsible for recording all transactions affecting the company’s finances covering a broad area of responsibility as follows:
Stock Control (20%)
General Administration (5%)
Skills / Qualifications / Experience:
- Qualified or experienced in bookkeeping
- Proven high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- General computer and internet literacy
- Knowledge of MS Office software; Excel and Word
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of QuickBooks financial accounting system
- Ability to develop the role to control accounts in full
- Knowledge of HMRC vat returns process
- Currently studying or holding an accountancy qualification
- 5% Company contribution to pension scheme on completion of probationary period.
- A comfortable and modern well-equipped office environment.
- Free tea and coffee provided.