Abel & Cole
Feeder / Line Supplier
Sunday to Thursday
2 Shift Pattern - AM Shift: 5:30am – 2:00pm
PM Shift: 2:00pm – 10:30pm
8 weeks Temporary to Permanent
Abel & Cole specialises in organic food and drink and has been producing high-quality, ethnically sourced produce since 1988. They believe that organic is the very best way to go. It protects our countryside and the animals that inhabit it, insists on the very best animal welfare, and supports
Abel & Coles deliver a wide range of fantastic organic food to people’s homes across much of England. Our customers care about fantastic, healthy food and the people who grow and make it and they offer them a refreshing, ethical alternative to boring supermarket shopping.
They are entrepreneurial, agile, genuine and irreverent. They deliver to around 80,000 households and employ just over 600 great people.
Purpose of role:
To ensure that the production and packaging of food and produce is completed to the agreed standards of Abel & Cole and ensure that the product is correctly packaged and delivered to Abel & Coles supply chain.
As a feeder you will be supplying the production lines with their needed fruit and vegetables, working with over 150 products that need to be memorised with their corresponding locations. As a feeder you will be working in a fast-paced environment, lifting heavy items in crates and constantly moving around a warehouse environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Operate a ‘Clean as you Go’ Policy
- Correct packaging of produce materials
- Memorising over 150 products and their corresponding locations
- To work efficiently and fast to the standards Abel and Cole puts in place
The successful candidate will have:
- Good team work
- Effective communication skills
- Due to the role involving heavy lifting and needing to move constantly, the ideal candidate will need to be physically fit and healthy
- Shows flexibility and commitment to achieving site requirements
- Understanding of quality system
- Can adapt to new roles
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with a variety of different people from different backgrounds and cultures
Please note: Active Staff are acting as Recruitment Agency for the client. Also, that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Please Note: Due to a high volume of applications, if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful at this time.