Production Process Engineer
Full Time Position
£28,000 to £32,000pa depending on experience
Monday to Friday
Due to continuing growth and expansion our client has an exciting opportunity for an electro-mechanically minded Production Engineer to join the team and support the transition of new products from R&D through to Manufacturing.
Our client design, manufacture and support a range of cutting edge LED illumination systems, utilising a broad range of optic, microelectronic, thermal management, mechanical and mechatronic technologies and specialist manufacturing processes.
Applications are welcome from experienced Production Engineers seeking an exciting new opportunity with a growing business or from Engineering Graduates looking to put recent learning experience into practice
The role will report to the Operations Director and will cover a range of tasks.
- Support New Product Introduction
- Identify opportunities and implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts
- Install and/or troubleshoot production equipment
- Develop and monitor production processes to ensure consistent quality control results are achieved
- Identify, specify and implement manufacturing tooling requirements
- Develop best practice manufacturing techniques
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances or processing methods
- Identify and resolve product and process related issues with corrective and preventative actions
- Compile Bills-of-Material for new and existing products for implementation through the companies ERP system and use during manufacturing
- Assist with pre-production assembly
- Create and maintain process and operating procedures and work instructions for new and existing products
- Change management and documentation control
- Parts database management
- Participate in R&D/Manufacturing meetings and produce timely and accurate information, proposals and recommendations
- Work with the Operations Director to identify and manage an effective supplier base
- Coach and mentor production operators with new products and processes Successful candidates will have the following:
- A range of skills required are:
- Applicants should have a keen and thorough approach based on a good level of technical knowledge and a willingness to be flexible and positive in covering all aspects of the engineering role.
- Enthusiasm, high self-motivation with a desire to complete tasks
- Good practical and mechanical skills, engineering and process knowledge
- ERP and product structure understanding
- Ability to work under own direction and monitor own workload
- Ability to follow work procedures and practices diligently
- Numerate and literate
- Computer literate