Middle Wallop, Hampshire
25 – 37.5 hours per week, a minimum of 3 days a week to be worked
6 Months Contract with the potential opportunity to be taken on permanently
£25,000 - £37,500 per annum dependent on experience
To take design information and use it to produce detailed drawings to facilitate with both infrastructure and engineering requirements.
- To manage contractor’s drawings, documentation and guidance information.
- To carry out site and building surveys.
- To monitor and control the issuing of drawings both internally and externally.
- To manage the drawing library and index.
- To ensure that all site updates are reflected on site plans.
- To produce detailed drawings for both infrastructure and engineering functions in both 2D and 3D using recognized CAD platforms. (Due to the nature of the site legacy drawings are in AutoCAD or MicroStation format; the latest drawings are in Solid works and Draft sight).
- To manage the archiving of both earlier drawing issues and old project works.
- To ensure that the drawing numbering system is maintained.
- To be able to multitask and prioritise work across a wide range of engineering and infrastructure related tasks to meet the goals and targets of Our Client.
- To provide information, maintain records and carry out all duties in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
- To undertake such other tasks as may reasonably be required.
- To comply with good health and safety practice, all statutory requirements, company policies and standard procedures.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have the Following:
- Knowledge of draught principles.
- Experience of drawing management and configuration management related issues is essential.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks.
- Sound background in office practice.
- Well organised, self-motivated and competent.
- Flexible to travel occasionally to our European sites
- Educated to HNC/HND, degree or equivalent level in an Engineering discipline.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in an engineering design background if no formal qualification.
- Experience of working in a project related environment with an ability to produce programs in MS Project or a similar application while working as part of a team with shared goals and objectives is essential.
- Microsoft Office: all packages
- Experience in CAD packages such as AutoCAD, MicroStation, Solid works and Draft sight.
- Fluent in English in both written and verbal communication
The Ideal Candidate May Ideally Have the Following:
- A knowledge of related compatibility issues for CAD packages.
- Experience of working within the defence industry.
- Experience or knowledge of working with explosives.
- German or other language
- Educated in engineering to HNC/HND level. If no formal qualification, knowledge obtained through experience is acceptable providing it is relevant and obtained in the right working environment.
Please Note: Active Staff are acting as Recruitment Agency for the client. Also, that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Please Note: Due to a high volume of applications, if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful at this time.