Test & Verification Engineer
Every day, hundreds of thousands of people go to work and are kept safe by our client’s portable gas monitors and fixed gas detectors. Established in 1970, Our client is known by their worldwide customer base for reliable detection. Now it is time for them to leapfrog the competition and take the delivery of a safe working environment to the next level. This will involve harnessing the power of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), finding valued solutions to apparent and latent customer problems.
Their team of over 200 employees is located around the world, the majority of which are based in Oxfordshire HQ.
There are many technical solutions on the market today engineered from the ground up. Our client want to create products that tackle their customer’s problems. In a connected world they want to gather customer insight that will in turn drive their current and future product set. You’ll be leading with them, at the forefront of industry, driving solutions that can demonstrate a real benefit to their customers.
Reporting to the Test & Verification Team Leader, in this role you will:
- Work within processes and procedures to assure the functionality, integrity and robustness of all new and existing products
- Be proactive reporting progress, risk and issues with relevant people
- Lead the writing of project documentation; input to and review of user documentation
- Proactively design and develop automated test systems to verify product requirements are fully satisfied
- Lead the multidisciplinary development team to provide pre-qualification and verification testing
- Drive innovation and lead continuous improvement in testing & verification
This position involves working with colleagues at all levels across teams so you will need to have good interpersonal skills and the ability to drive, discuss and report technical information clearly.
In addition to this you need:
- Formal higher-level technical qualifications within a relevant discipline, such as HNC Engineering, preferable in electronics
- Flexible and a can-do attitude towards work; ability to work with own initiative and have an innovative approach to problem solving
- Working in an Agile environment & technical problem solving
- Experience of creating test automation frameworks and systems
- Able to communicate and influence with different types of audience
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to use standard MS software packages as well as bespoke test software, such as National Instruments LabVIEW
- Personal drive to learn new skills
But the most important quality the successful candidate will have is the desire to learn and to undertake a wide range of work-based challenges which will progress your technical engineering ability.